As mentioned in the pre-requisites for AutoGate, it requires Matlab to work. The production version of AutoGate uses Matlab version 2017a. To take advantages of recent update of Matlab, we are releasing an early adopter version (EAV) of AutoGate with Matlab R2019a. If you would like to participate in this EAV, below are the details. Once we have proven AutoGate's compatibility with Matlab R2019a, we will release this to wider community.
For Mac Users
1. Download Matlab R2019a runtime from https://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/matlab-runtime.html.
This is a once off install and doens't have to be repeated when there's a newer version of AutoGate.
1) It takes ~15 mins to complete the download (depending on your computer configuration and network speed)
2) Go to Downloads folder and extract the zip
3) Open the MATLAB_Runtime_R2019a_Update_5_maci64.dmg file
4) Open the Install file
5) As it's downloaded from a trusted site, click Open
6) Provide your computer admin credentails when prompted
7) It takes ~5 mins for the Matlab Install Wizard to show up. No changes / action required here or in any of the installation steps.
8) Click on the Next button in all the screens to complete the installation.
2. Download AutoGate2019a.app from http://cgworkspace.cytogenie.org/GetDown2/domains/FACS/AutoGate2019a.tar
1) It prompts to Open with or Save File. Click OK
2) Go to Downloads folder and open AutoGate2019a.app. Though AutoGate2019a.app is from a trusted source, Mac computer displays this warning message. Click Cancel
3) Again open AutoGate2019a.app from the downloads folder. This time, click Open
4) AutoGate2019a will launch.
When there's a new version of AutoGate available, we will notify you on the steps to get the updates.