From version 4.586, AutoGate will work with the latest release of Matlab 2020a.
Existing users - When you launch AutoGate, it will check for availablility for Matlab 2020a. If not available, it will get your consent and do the installation for you. It's a pretty straight forward process and should take no more than 30 mins to complete. It's a once -off installation and not required to repeat.
Below are the steps for Mac users, for reference. If you encounter any issues, please contact and we will be glad to assist you.
1. Open AutoGate.app
2. AutoGate will check for AutoGate. As this is a critical update, Users are advised not to skip.
3. AutoGate will then download the updates
4. Below alert will be displayed, if Matlab 2020a isn't available. This alert is displayed by Matlab and AutoGate doesn't have control over it. Click OK
5. User will now be presented with a choice to swithc to 2020a or continue with 2017a. It's recommended to switch, as support for Matlab 2017a is only for a limited period.
Click yes, install now to proceed with switching. If you wish to do this the next time, click No.
8. The launcher will get ready to commence the installation
9. Provide your admin credentials so any Matlab specific changes can be made
10. Matlab 2020a Runtime install wizard will show up. Click Next
11. Click Next if you are okay with the default installation location
12. Click Next
13. Click Yes to the license agreement
14. Click Install
15. Download of Matlab will progress
16. Once download is completed, click Finish. Note, you can disregard the instructions in this window
17. Open AutoGate.app again from the Applications folder
18. AutoGate will launche with Matlab 2020a