As mentioned in the pre-requisites for AutoGate, it requires Matlab to work. When you download AutoGate App from https://www.cytogenie.org, it will install Matlab R2020a/R2017a for you. If you prefer to install on your own, below are the instructions for running AutoGate with a recent version of Matlab – R2021b on Mac OS. Instructions for Windows OS is available here
1. Download Matlab R2021b runtime from https://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/matlab-runtime.html
This is a once off install and doens’t have to be repeated when there’s a newer version of AutoGate.
1) It takes ~30 mins to complete the download (depending on your computer configuration and network speed)
2) Go to Downloads folder and extract the zip
3) Open the MATLAB_Runtime_R2021b_Update_2_maci64.dmg file
4) Open the Install file
5) As it’s downloaded from a trusted site, click Open
6) Provide your computer admin credentails when prompted
7) It takes ~5 mins for the Matlab Install Wizard to show up. No changes / action required here or in any of the installation steps.
8) Click on the Next button in all the screens to complete the installation.
2. Download AutoGate2021b.app from here
1) Go to Downloads folder and right click > open on AutoGate2021b.tar to unzip
2) Open AutoGate2021b.app.
3) Though AutoGate2021b.app is from a trusted source, Mac computer displays this warning message. Click Cancel
4) Again open AutoGate2021b.app from the downloads folder. This time, click Open
5) AutoGate with Matlab 2021b will launch.
Note: When there is a new version of AutoGate available, you will be alerted on launching AutoGate. Upon your confirmation, the updates will be automatically downloaded for you.